Monday, May 7, 2012

Free example of my full body workout and meal plan

Here are some examples of workout plans I have done in the when I first started training! They worked great! My body has since transformed and I am dialing in specific muscle groups as I compete this summer but enjoy!


Keep in mind my weight is 98lb. So life heavy and push yourself!


Full Body Workout


For example of exercises, I always check out bodybuilding.com


Chin ups- 2 sets of bodyweight, as many reps as possible, 90" rest Beast Mode Y'all!!!! Or get real fancy and get on those 2 finger pull ups! Send me video challenges- I'm up for it!


Negative Chins, 3 sets with 10lb weight between thighs, 3-4 reps, 60" rest


Shoulder Press, 4 sets,  8-10 reps, 60" rest, about 20-25lbs


Lateral Raises, 4-5 sets, 10-12 reps, 60' rest, 10lbs

Seated Row, 3 sets, 8-10 reps, 60" rest, 40-60lb


Barbell Curl, 3 sets, 10-12 reps, 60" rest, 35-45lbs
superset
Tricep dips, 3 sets of 20


Squats, 5 sets of 5-6 reps, 90-120" rest, ~95-110lbs


Bulgarian Split Squats, 3 sets of 10-12 reps, 30" rest between each leg (12lb dumbbells) Sometimes I also like to use a smith machine and bench to really lift heavy on these. Usually I put 25lb on each end of the smith machine

Leg Press- 5 sets- 8-10 reps, 180lbs

Leg extensions- 5 sets, 10-12 reps, 90-100lbs
superset
Hamstring curls- 5 sets, 10-12 reps, 50lb

I started out doing cardio about 3 days a week. My favorite machine is the step mill. I would just jump on and hit it hard for about 20-40min! I also love the high incline trainer as well as a 15 min HIIT session on the treadmill. 

My Typical Day's MealplanI don't really stray from this meal plan! Sorry I am boring but I am also busy so this works!


Meal 1 (around 6:00am): Trader Joe's Steel Cut Quick Cook Oats & 4-6 egg whites with green onions and a sprinkle of fat free feta cheese, 1 cup of black coffee (if you need creamer use OhYeah! Vanilla or Chocolate Ready-to-drink shakes) I take a multivitamin and ISS Research's BCAA supplement

Meal 2 (around 9:00am): OhYeah! Cookies & Cream Total Protein System with ISS Research L-Glutamine added in, 10 almonds

Meal 3 (around 12:00pm): 4oz Trader Joe's Balsamic & Rosemary Grilled chicken, 3 oz. sweet potato, and 3-4 oz. of Trader Joe's microwaveable green beans

Meal 4 (around 3:00pm):  4 oz Trader Joe's grilled chicken breasts in an ezekial wrap, sprinkle a little fat free feta cheese on and microwave for 1min 15sec... top with a ton of spinach! Mmmmm delicious and quick wrap!

Meal 5 (usually around 6:00pm and my pre workout meal on my work days): OhYeah! Protein Shake, apple slices and almond butter

Pre-workout drink: I always take MPR Pump as a pre-workout drink. I also take micronized creatine as I am trying to put on a little more muscle and weight. I mix these two together 30 min before I workout!

Post-workout drink: I either have an OhYeah! protein shake with L-Glutamine added in OR I take a post workout shake made specifically for post training.

Meal 6 (around 8-9:00pm)- Tilapia Veracruz (adapted from bodybuilding.com's recipe) and broccoli (see recipe section) Dinner time I usually always have fish and lots of green veggies.

Pre-bedtime: OhYeah! TPS or plain casein shake (the TPS is a whey & casein blend, casein takes approx 6 hours for your body to digests making it ideal for a pre-bedtime shake... keep that metabolism burning y'all!!) and I am trying ZMA. A representative from ISS Research stated via email,
"ZMA is completely safe for women.  It is a natural supplement and consists of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B-6.  The best time to take it is right before bed, it will help you sleep deeper and better.  This, in turn, will help your muscles grow, strength to go up and give you some more energy the following day."
 Sorry I'm boring, but I'm also very busy so this works great!