Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter! Recipe: Angeled Eggs

Happy Easter everyone! I am working the holiday away and taking care of my favorite little preemies (I even stuck cotton balls on their diapers so when their parents come in they will see their little cotton tails). I love my job and am so thankful for it, I dont know if I mention that enough :) So I was bad today. Parents brought us an easter basket and I had a few pieces of chocolate. I had my healthy breakfast and my OhYeah! Protein shake and almonds for a snack, but at lunch I had my grilled chicken, green beans, AND mac n cheese and mashed potatoes that were ordered for our unit for Easter lunch. I feel totally guilty BUT I will consider it my cheat for the week. Easter, and the meaning behind it, is definitely a reason to celebrate :) Maybe I will do my first round of cardio since September tomorrow! lol

In the spirit of Easter feasting and how to make use of all your leftover dyed Easter Eggs, I wanted to share a recipe for clean eating deviled eggs.... ANGELED EGGS. Also, enjoy the protein packed egg whites for quick on the go fuel :)



Angeled Eggs
Ingredients:
6 eggs, hard boiled
6-oz can tuna
4 tbsp Greek yogurt
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
Paprika, to garnish

Directions:
1. Slice eggs into halves lengthwise. Scoop out yokes and set aside.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, finely mash 2 egg yolks with a fork. Discard remaining yolks.
3. In another bowl, finely mash tuna with a fork.
4. Combine tuna and egg yolks into one bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
5. Spoon mixture into hollowed-out egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve immedietly or chill to allow flavors to meld.

*Recipe from Oxygen Magazine, "Eat Eggs Get Lean," October 2011.


I hope yall are enjoying the holiday with your family, friends, and loved ones. Cherish every second you have with these special people and make every moment count. Being in the military and now working for the military, I do not get very many holidays off to spend with my family. It really makes me treasure the small amounts of time we do share together.

To end with our daily devotional prayer from A Woman After God's Own Heart:

Lord, I hesitate to dream because I'm afraid of commitment and failure. What if I start out and then get tired or forget? But, Lord, I want to grown in You. I want to become the person You want me to be. Give me a dream...and the strength and passion to carry it out. Amen.
God Bless, and Happy Easter!

Xoxo,
Christy LeAnn

Just for fun- Some Cute, Some Sweet, and Some Awkward Easter photos: