Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Waiting, Wishing...'

My newest Satio shot:


Good morning!!! So its my my last 12 hour shift before the weekend and I feel just AWESOME! I am so excited to go to Zac Brown Band tomorrow with so many amazing people and then celebrate my amazing friend Kara's birthday on Saturday. Its actually a brewery tour.  Both events involve alcohol which I will just say no to and enjoy the entertainment of others :)

I might have had a beverage or two saturday but then it hit me... which is where the "waiting, wishing" comes in...if my dream to compete at Bodybuilding.com FIT USA Competition comes true, then I am 8 weeks out from competition. Oh my bagezes! An internal pan of judges only picks 10 females and 10 males to compete at this event so I am just going to keep my thoughts positive and train as though my wish came true! "May the oddddds be ever in your favor..." (Pop culture, circa 2012 lol) I feel comfortable walking a stage right now, I make sure I maintain year round so that I can be a well-oiled machine, prepared for any opportunity that might come my way :)

However things turn out, I am shooting with Wendi Satio again on June 1st which is a week before the show! I will be feeling confident and ready to kick butt at this shoot. I am definitely starting to get more comfortable in front of the camera but I hope you guys understand that this is all BRAND NEW for me. I grew up very, very insecure and lacked true happiness, confidence, and faith until the last few years. Feeling healthy and happy is something that should not be taken for granted. So with that being said, everything is happening so quickly, its the best whirlwind of my life, but know that I am learning and growing in the fitness industry every day. I haven't been in shape my whole life, hence going from "skinny fat to skinny fit", but I always wanted to be right where I am now. There is so much more to my story that I will slowly share with my followers but I'd love the opportunity to share my full story on stage in June.

Training- WBFF Pro Jen Jewell, as always, takes the reighns on my nutritition and training. She looks at my progress pics and then tweeks things from there. So far my training is pretty steady... no big gains right now but planning on pushing my little bikini booty to the limit this month.

Fitness modeling- SO excited that HTFU reached out to me to shoot in May. I have been so fortunate to work with photographers that believe in me and that take the time to understand who I am as a person and what my goals are in the industry. Talking with Mark Gingrich, the founder of HTFU, has been excellent- what an awesome person. I love his work and the brand, he said to me "HTFU is honestly a personification of my life. A continuous effort to overome what sometimes feels like the impossible". I love that and feel that.  The nicest thing was that he took the time to read my blog and understand what is important to me and he made sure I knew what the letters "HTFU" stood for..google it ;)... I stated that I did but that I just think of it as "Harden The 'Freak' Up". I am about what the company and brand stands for and I think this will be a really really fun shoot! Oh yes did I mention my fit pals Cherish and Jen will be joining?! Trouble in Hollywood!

Also, FMI Spring Conference is NEXT WEEKEND! I am sooooo pumped and excited to learn and grow and meet and shoot with so many wonderful people! My fit pals and role models Jen Jewell and Chady Dunmore will be attending as well so I can imagine it will be a fun weekend!

Love- Let's just say the love of my life is the gym this summer. I have to stay focused on my goals and my keep my faith at the forefront, the rest will fall in to place! In this department I am also "sitting, waiting, wishing..." but enjoying life's little surprises.

Faith- Last blog post I was saying how I was feeling a little distant. It was important for me to take more quiet time this week... sometimes I wonder if people think I am being antisocial if I am keeping to myself a bit but when I am alone I am mostly meditating in prayer and thought (ok and also a little bit on facebook, blogging, and twitter lol). I am learning so much about myself, God's plan for my life, and trusting it. I am growing so much in so many ways :)

Ending with our next devotional prayer from A Woman After God's Own Heart (the daily devotional was titled "The Perfect Diet"- how appropriate)

Lord, my love affair with food will be hard to break. Although everyone needs food, help me to see that Your Word is what is truly life giving. Today I purpose to spend some time each day in Your Word. Amen.

I love that for so many reasons. Obviously that it pertains to "diet" but what I really got out of this is that the the Lord IS my daily bread and it is important to my own personal faith that I spend that quiet time in His Word and in prayer and worship of Him.

Thanks for following~ I have been flooded with kind, inspiring, and supportive messages and it's just incredible. I don't know what I have done to be so deserving of so many wonderful and healthy opportunities and relationships, but I certainly count my blessings daily.

XoXo,
Christy LeAnn
Make sure you "FOLLOW" the blog because my followers from blogspot will be entered in a give-a-way from ISS Research & MPR on May 1st!