Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Discernment of My Fitness Pursuit

Happy Wednesday! I hope you guys are feeling happy, blessed, and sweaty ;) I woke up at 430 as I said I would and got to the gym by 5am to do the leg workout that WBFF Pro Jen Jewell created for me. WOW- I was already sore from Monday but now I am feeling it even more... but i LOVE that feeling. To me, its reassurance that something is going on inside my body, hopefully muscle growth! rarrr! I am so excited that Jen will be in town this weekend for some fun events, but we are also going to do a few workouts and I am sure she is going to put the hurtin' on me! Bring it! :P

So as you guys know, my relationship with Christ comes first in my life but I realized with great conviction that when my life changed, I tried to balance and prioritize my life based on when I could work out and socialize and I pretty much put quiet time and time in prayer and reflection last on my list. I felt so guilty! I still feel guilty looking back. On Mondays, I attend a womens' bible study group and during our prayer circles I admitted this to a few of the girls and I really broke down to them my confusion of wanting to be a role model in the fitness industry while still pleasing God and using the opportunity to witness to those who are open to hearing and learning.

The amazing woman who was leading the study that day put it best,

"Is it self-serving (self-glorifying; done to exalt our name, let us boast in ourselves etc..) or God-glorifying, in other words, reflects well upon Him as we, who claim to follow Him are bearers of His name. One good test of our hearts is, what would be lost if we lost "it"? Can we offer it back to Him in praise? Could He take it away and we would remain at peace/content. I know for myself, this is a consistent practice of confession & offering over my many ambitions, relationships, and even daily endeavors, but it is also a liberating act of worship."

This statement really gave me a lot to reflect on and also reassured me that my ambition IS to glorify Him. I just pray for boundaries and humility. I would be lying if I said seeing my results was not in a way self-serving because it does please me.... but in seeing how hard I work to accomplish my goals I ultimately hope to motivate you all and to help you understand where my strength comes from- our Savior!!

As I hold myself accountable on this blog to fitness, I also want to hold myself equally accountable to my faith. I am beginning to memorize scripture and this week I have chosen this based on the above blog and emotions:

Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of His calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness and the work of faith and power, that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. -2 Thessalonians 1:11-12

Pretty powerful for me.... that he will fulfill every good PURPOSE of mine and every act prompted by FAITH.






(from my favorite tumblr fitness&faithfullness)


I know this post was less fitness oriented but it was very personal and honest for me to share with you all because its an important part of who I am and why I do this! Ill end on our next prayer from our daily devotional and oh WOW this devotionals topic reflects Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who stengthens me." How appropriate!:

Lord, help me look to You for my purpose and my strength. Lead me every day so I can do Your will and serve You to the best of my ability. Amen.

Did anyone else get chills that this is our prayer today?!?! A daily prayer in my heart for sure.

Xoxo,
Christy LeAnn