Thursday, March 29, 2012

"Keep on dreamin' even if it breaks your heart!"

On my way to my workout this am I heard this new Eli Young Band song, Even If It Breaks Your Heart! I loved it and I loved the message. I definitely recommend you give it a listen. Its not a pump you up gym song but its a stay focused and dedicated at the gym type of song!

"Some dreams stay with you forever,
drag you around but bring you back to where you were.
Some dreams keep on gettin better,
gotta keep believin if you wanna know for sure.
...keep on dreamin' even if it breaks your heart"

Speaking of dreams, I think its important to keep your dreams and ambitions at the forefront. Be vocal about them so that others may hold you accountable. Get EXCITED about them- anything is possible and you obviously want these things for a reason. BELIEVE in yourself, do not sell yourself short! Your worth all of your heart desires!

I'll share a few of my dreams that I am excited about:
  • To be a wife and mother! Believe it or not, this is my number one dream in life, God-willing. Family is so important to me and I've dreamed of being a mom since I was just a little girl with her waterbaby! Of course this means sacrificing my "fitness" body, but I would in a heartbeat. I can't imagine never feeling a little life inside me, or the love of a man who supports me and cherishes me and is my best friend. A man who puts God first and knows my heart and supports me for the reasons in my heart. The scary part about this dream is that I have absolutely no control over it. I just pray that the Lord will bless me with these things and give me strength and patience in this season. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust him and he wil do this. -Psalm 37:4-5
  • To earn my WBFF Pro Card and become a role model in the fitness industry, to include sponsorships and magazine publications! I never in my wildest dreams thought life would take me here or that I'd be a "fitness model". Heck, I am 5'0'' and was probably the most insecure teenager you ever met! It is just amazing how life changes!
  • To start a Faith and Fitness camp for girls! I want to encourage girls to be healthy, fit, secure, and communicate positively among one another. I want to help them grow spiritually while developing a sense of self- security!
  • To go on a mission trip! Especially after writing letters to children in Uganda last night with a small group from The Flood church, I feel even more of a calling to pursue this. Its been heavy on my heart for years and I think it's time I put that in to action.
  • To pursue my doctorate and nurse practioner degree. This one is definitely attainable and I made the decision to delay graduate school one more year while I pray on God's will and purpose in my life. The last year I made decisions without really thinking, I regret that BUT now I feel more grounded than ever and when the time comes for me to decide I know it will be so awesome!! Obtaining a family and pediatric dual nurse practitioner degree would allow me to be so well rounded. I could better answer questions for fitness clients down the road, I could be a better mother, wife, daughter, friend. I just love thinking about it and I LOVE school so I really can't wait.
I have more personal dreams and aspirations but those are the ones I thought I would share with you today since feeling inspired after hearing that song. :)


Training- Today I trained my shoulders and back. I am started to see some definition so I am pumped because my upper body is the slowest to show results. I do find it a little easier to lift weights that were too heavy for me to lift alone before so I felt pretty tough. I am trying to start pull ups again since I havent since my surgery. I did 4.... I used to do 10 or more beforehand so I will work up to that since that is my favorite!
Also, keep in mind I am doing NO cardio as I hold on to every ounce of muscle and body fat that I have. Everyone has different body types, keep that in mind. Well- I was missing cardio and asked Jen if I could do some high incline walking.... she responds that I can do some very slow high incline lunging! hahahah welp, i asked for it. I'll be trying that out tomorrow for the first time and hopefully able to walk for all the fun festivities this weekend.

Modeling- I shoot with Mike Byerly on Sunday in LA! I am STOKED! Hes such a great friend and person and I have always admired his work. Can't wait to finally make that a reality! FMI weekend is April 20th and I am looking forward to working with James Patrick and Noel Daganta! James and I will be doing an extra shoot one of the days as well which I am thrilled about. I feel that the photographers that I have been lucky enough to work with understand me, my heart, and where I want to take this career which is so important!  THEN June 1st, I will be doing another shoot with Wendi Satio! YAY! SO PUMPED!!!! :)
http://www.jamesmpatrick.com/
http://www.mikebyerlyphoto.com/
http://ndpix.com/
http://19362.solomodels.com/


Above image by James Patrick Photography


 Above image by Noel Daganta



Todays prayer from Elizabeth George's A Woman After God's Own Heart: A Daily Devotional:
Lord, I'm so excited about what You have in store for me. Even when I forget to turn to You, You still love me and have my best interests in mind. Thank you! Amen.

Again, chills- this so pertains to todays blog and the desires of my heart!